Sat, Sep 16|
Jan Kaminis Platt Regional Library
2023 Parliamentary Workshop
Join us for the annual educational workshop on Parliamentary Procedures. Whether you're a seasoned parliamentarian wanting a refresher on parliamentary procedures or a newbie, this workshop will meet your expectations.
Time & Location
Sep 16, 10:30 AM – 1:45 PM EDT
Jan Kaminis Platt Regional Library, 3910 S Manhattan Ave, Tampa, FL 33611, USA
About the event
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
No matter how formal or informal is your group, you can most effectively meet and make decisions in a fair, consistent manner—and make good use of everyone’s time. Many different decision-making bodies use parliamentary procedures, including government and civic organizations, homeowners’ associations, not-for-profit organizations, corporations, churches, fraternal organizations, and unions. If you are a member of a group, regardless of how big or small, or in a leadership position, this workshop is for you.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Learn how your governing documents work together: articles of incorporation, bylaws, and special rules.
- Find out what agendas and minutes should do to help you lead your meetings.
- Review the basics of running an effective meeting, how to get things done, how to manage debate, and more.
- Dr. Helen Popovich, PRP, is a retired English professor and university president. With experience in presiding, working with corporate and not-for-profit boards, and teaching adult learners, she is equipped to provide officers and boards with the practical parliamentary knowledge they need to run simple or complex meetings effectively and efficiently. She serves clients as a trainer, meeting presider, and parliamentarian.
- Ann Guiberson, PRP, is a retired association executive (CAE) with years of experience working with non-profit leaders and boards. She has served on numerous boards and as president of a national association, so she identifies with the challenges of leadership. She is focused on providing leaders with the parliamentary tools they need to have efficient and effective meetings.
2023 Annual Education Workshop
This event ticket includes the workshop and lunch.